Here’s the plan so far:
- Set off from the Festival of Slow at Goodwood Race Track to catch the ferry from Dover to Calais.
- Breeze through boring places like France, Belgium and Germany to get to the Czech Out Party in the Czech Republic. Oh, these Mongol Rally organisers are so witty!
- Head south-east through Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria to Turkey. Somewhere in the middle of Turkey we stop being in Europe and start being in Asia. Ooh-er.
- Things start to get more exciting as we cross through Turkey and into Iran, Turmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- In Kazakhstan, we expect to see the roads turn into dirt roads, or even no roads at all. From there we take a brief foray into Russia before finally entering Mongolia and reaching the finish line in Ulaanbaatar in glorious victory.